So lets start with the good stuff.
Triple XXX- First of all, this root beer sort of speaks to me because it is the most edge of all beers, so it already wins because of the name. Names aside, I didn't really have high expectations for it because even with the awesome name it just looks really lame and boring. It's also made with high fructose corn syrup, which generally, I think makes root beer too sweet and generic tasting. Of course there are a few exceptions. Triple XXX being one of them. The bottle says, "Tastes like root beer used to taste," and I am by no means a geezer, so I wouldn't know. It does taste really good though. It's not thick or overly carbonated. It was definitely a surprise. This sort of reminds me of Dads root beer.

Virgils Special Edition Bavarian Nutmeg Root Beer- Virgils is in my opinion, the better of store bought root beer. It's not too pricey, and it has a great taste. It's microbrewed for quality, and it is made of all natural ingredients. This however is Virgil's "special edition bavarian nutmeg" root beer, and it is great. It's around $6 for a bottle, most likely due to it's presentation (which I like), and it's a little creamier than the original Virgils with a little more body and a richer taste. Also, I really don't like cream style root beer that much, but Virgils seems to pull it off for me. It's creamy, but not over the top like some of the other brews out there. When I drink this around friends who are drinking beer, I feel like my bottle is looking at there bottles of low life and saying what now mother fucker. I highly recommend.
Ok...these aren't root beers, but they are definitely worthy of talking about since the holidays have just past, and I feel like I need to warn everyone that despite their cute, European looking bottles..these are terrible and you should avoid them at all costs when the holidays roll around next year.
Kinder Punsch. Well...I know it is "Mit Vitamin C" and it's got happy kids and snowmen on it, but this fruit punch concoction would not be accepted on the soccer field between each half when Sunny D or Capri Suns with orange slices were being handed to us. I almost barfed when I tasted this. If this is what kids in Germany enjoy during the holidays....then Coca Cola is not doing their job. Truly an awful holiday experience.

Julmust, the Swedish Christmas soda is just as terrible as Kinder Punsch. This one is carbonated, so it adds a kick to its already pungent taste. I'm not really sure what kind of fruit this is supposed to taste like, but it's not good. Sweden gave us IKEA...they gave us beautiful women...besides Norway, Sweden is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been to. However, your soft drinks suck.

2 comments:
When my friends pull their 40s of King Cobra out of the paper bag, I plan on whipping out my bottle of Virgil's Bavarian Nutmeg, a king among all (root) beers.
haha
Post a Comment